Spread the Word about Health Across America

Hi all- I wanted to share a campaign I’m working on to raise awareness for diabetes. It’s a national, multi-city awareness campaign called Health across America: Pharmacists Partnering in Diabetes Care. The campaign is dedicated to raising awareness of the severity of diabetes, the importance of knowing your health status and the critical role that pharmacists can play in diabetes (and overall) healthcare.

“Health Across America,” will offer free diabetes testing in over 20 cities in the US this summer. Our first stop will be in San Diego this Saturday, May 9 at Westfield Mission Valley Mall. We have placed the entire list of events with stop details at Upcoming.org - http://upcoming.yahoo.com/user/687852/. We’ve also developed a website (www.healthacrossamerica.net) with new interactive components added very soon.

In addition, we have secured a national spokesperson as well, Erik Chopin of season 3 of the Biggest Loser! He’ll be at the kick-off event in San Diego and be speaking to the crowd.

Please pass on the word as we would like to have as many people attend as possible. Come show your support!

Thanks so much,
Tony

I would be the first to show up but unfortunately I’m about an 12 hour flight away. I will however be there in spirit, good luck Tony, you guys are so lucky.

Josephine, you deserve a nice California vacation so just hop on the next flight out. :wink: Thanks for the warm wishes.

Yeah, I’m trying to get you lot to pay for me, all in aid of a needy diabetic wouldn’t you agree…