Startling numbers in non diabetic

Samiam, have you had your daughter tested for covid-19? Covid-19 can raise bs.

There was no Covid-19 2 years ago when Samiam posted and at that time no tests for it either.

1 Like

Sorry. I didn’t look at the dates. I just assumed this was recent.

No worries, we all err from time to time in this hectic life we are now leading under highly constrained circumstances. It is not in my nature to tease people in these circumstances and I apologize for doing so. Enjoy life, take care of yourself and stay safe!!!

2 Likes

Hi there.

Where have you read that? I have been looking everywhere for ranges in smaller children.

Thank you.

Hope all is well

Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth/Hitchcock (CHAD); here’s a link: https://www.chadkids.org/diabetes-education/monitoring-blood-glucose-and-ketones
Please be aware that your own child’s doc is the best source for determining his/her personal goals; but in the past decade or so, the “old school” belief that children have the same BG levels as adults has been demonstrated to be incorrect; children experience higher levels of glucose due to HGH - Human Growth Hormone. The reason so many of us “from the olden days” had stunted growth was the incorrect use of adult BG ranges for us - thereby preventing growth. Good luck!