Sugar alternatives

i have often looked at the “sweetener without cost” issue. i have found that the best thing to do with an unsatisfied sweet tooth is tot rip the rotten thing out by its roots. i think that stevia is ok in great moderation, but in any amount it begins to taste like aspartimine… i never sweeten tea or coffee, so when i am going to make something sweet, i just use raw sugar, or honey, but because i never sweeten much of anything, it doesn’t take a whole lot to make it taste sweet to me.

Interesting and useful website - thank you for posting!

You can get stevia at Trader Joes. I find it has a bitter taste. You have to experiment with it. A lot of things may say sugar free but have other carbs in them so be careful. Always look on total carbs. As always test with your own bg meter 2 hours after you eat something. A lot of people still get bg spike with sugar alcohols but sometimes later.

I tried stevia one time and hated it hated it hated it, it was the worse stuff I ever had. no thanks I’ll stick to my splenda. …by the way I added the stevia to my coffee at work so its posible it was the coffee that was so horrible and not the stevia-lol, but no I think it was the stevia…or both.

I tried stevia too… I like that its natural…but it leaves a little bit of bitter aftertaste.