Super high

Can it be related to basal rates settings as well ??...I think your Coastal temperatures , while not as cool as here in the Shuswap , have come down .I need more insulin compared to summer temps .

I think it's definitely related to temperature. Last winter I started using about twice as much insulin as I had used in the summer. I thought I was developing insulin resistance or something! But then in the summer, my insulin doses were cut in half. Now that it's winter, they are going back up again. Just another factor to add to the myriad of other factors we need to think about ...

I consider myself a really smart person. I went to an Ivy League college and have an MBA. So why is diabetes so d**m hard? I always joke that if I had as many failures at my job as I have with diabetes, I would have been fired years ago. (Actually I quit my job this fall, but I still love using that analogy.)

I even have a low A1c and am a "star" patient. But I can't get a flat CGM line to save my life. I've been trying to eat fairly low carb for the past 6+ months. However, when I eat more than 15u carbs, my BG spikes to the high heavens.

I am much older than you. When I was your age I was peeing on strips and had no idea what the peaks of my BG were. I'm 60 now and believe me, it is easier once you get past the crazy hormones that affect BG in your young years. But even for us oldsters, there are lots of hormones that affect BG and no matter how well you "follow the rules", it's hard to tame the beast of type 1.

and I am 72 1/2 and not a low carber ...but do know what you mean Lathump !