T-slim auto mode by target

How do I get my tandem pump BG target back to its original setting? I think I set my BG target lower than it needs to be when I originally got the pump but I can’t find the settings for it now?

Select
my pump
Alerts and reminders
Pump reminders
The settings for low bg and high bg are there

1 Like

Do you mean the target that CIQ uses, or settings for alerts that @Timothy noted?

In normal CIQ mode, target is: (from tandem site)

The t:slim X2 insulin pump with Control‑IQ technology is designed to help increase time in range (70-180 mg/dL)‡ using Dexcom G6 CGM values to predict glucose levels 30 minutes ahead and adjust insulin delivery accordingly.

So the action of CIQ is based on prediction. If flat at 150, no changes by CIQ. But if 150 and rising quickly, CIQ may increase basal, hoping to limit to 180.

But there are optional setting for Sleep and Exercise mode that use other targets.

Many use sleep mode 24x7 to get lower target.

Do you use the T:Connect app? This will help you see history of when CIQ takes action.

I’ve been using the sleep mode a lot lately when I feel a high blood sugar coming on. The only bad thing is if I continually keep it on that setting I go low.

Low as in under 70? Is that after exercise?

I thought this number wasn’t something you could change. If you look at your personal profiles, it lists your basal, correction, carb & target BG. Target BG is the only thing I can’t change unless you turn off control IQ. It is set at 110.

1 Like

Yes!