T2 - 3 years - still no meds. ZERO carbs

That's a very upsetting story, Gerri. How can people who are supposed to be scientists be so...ignorant. The low-fat people are like a cult. Sigh.

LOL. Golf balls thru the window could you please do it just for me. I also have BCBS and I'll say they have given me very little trouble but the mental picture of a golf ball landing in the lobby just cracks me up.

Wow Lucy, I wish I could control with diet alone. I've been a good dieter and a bad dieter at times but I could never have the type of control you have with diet alone. Congratulations

On a second note I would like to choke your doctor. His statement about probally ending up on drugs and insulin may be true for most but not for all. I think he should be encouraging you and not be dampening your hope. Good for you for proving him wrong so far.

So very upsetting. I imagine similar situations occur regularly, but we'd never hear about them. People like this practitioner are also vilified as a cautionary tale to keep others in-line. Power & control. Amazing we make any progress.

Sadly, this stuff continues. The latest is this fellow diabetic who found much better control with a low carb paleo diet. He has been attacked by the "North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutritionists" for giving out dietary advice without a license. The American Dietetic Association (ADtA) and the rest of the mafia has been very aggressive in trying to consolidate power, lobbying states for new laws that bar others from providing nutition information. The claim is that it is "protecting" us from dangerous advice. If this stuff keeps up, TuDiabetes is in danger.

We certainly need to be protected from these dangerous ideas:)

No doubt this travesty is going on constantly everywhere. The ADtA was the organization threatening with revoking the credentials of the CDE/RN I mentioned.