Tandem Control IQ

Okay thanks. Just asking for my daughter who does a lot of that type of thing :grin:

Got my email this afternoon, did my online training after dinner, then got my second email with my Control-IQ ID number minutes after I finished the online training. It only took 15 minutes to downloaded and install on my pump, everything worked flawlessly. Waiting until the morning to light it off.
I went to the t:connect portal Sunday night and started the application, my Endo sent the precription in Monday afternoon at 4 PM and 3 PM Thursday I got my approval email. I could not believe how fast Dexcom processed everything. Plus Iā€™m on Medicare too.

Rich74

January 24

Got my email this afternoon, did my online training after dinner, then got my second email with my Control-IQ ID number minutes after I finished the online training. It only took 15 minutes to downloaded and install on my pump, everything worked flawlessly. Waiting until the morning to light it off.

I went to the t:connect portal Sunday night and started the application, my Endo sent the precription in Monday afternoon at 4 PM and 3 PM Thursday I got my approval email. I could not believe how fast Dexcom processed everything. Plus Iā€™m on Medicare too.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Very impressive. I spoke with my Endo and they advised my prescription has already been sent. I, too, tried the portal but it said they needed a script. Hope it goes as smoothly as yours. I am Medicare also.

1 Like

I started Control-IQ yesterday and Iā€™m thrilled with it thus far. There will be some changes to my practice, like pre-blousing for oatmeal this morning resulted in basal being suspended when I was waiting for the downward trend to advise me to start eating (Sugar Surfing). But itā€™s very easy to setup and the setting are intuitive.

2 Likes

They need to set the lower limit lower for me to start using. I always try to keep tighter control then their limits.

Iā€™m with you on this one. When I met with one of the Tandem reps pre-release she told me with Control-IQ Iā€™d likely increase my A1c (5.4). Now A1c isnā€™t everything, But right now my personal target is avg BG less than 110. Besides, I LOVE Basal-IQ because I can be much more aggressive with my basals and that helps drive down my average BG,

Iā€™m pretty sure Control-IQ would improve my quality of life by taking some of the tedious oversight out of the control process. If they ever come out with a version that includes an option to use the Basal-IQ algorithm Iā€™ll be all over it! From what I understand right now if you upgrade, thereā€™s no returning to the prior version. If I download Control-IQ for a test drive and find I donā€™t like it, Iā€™m SOL.

Iā€™ve been using control-iq for a couple days now. Control-iq is better at preventing lows than basal-iq was. If anything, itā€™s more aggressive than basal-iq. Iā€™m not impressed with how it deals with above normal BGs but that wasnā€™t my worry with control-iq.

1 Like

I read somewhere that it works best if you keep one standard profile, so you have your proper settings, but then create a duplicate profile with a more aggressive (lower number) correction factor. It enables the system to bolus more.

1 Like

The system doesnā€™t do anything unless youā€™re above 160. For some reason my BG was hovering around 140 today, basal-iq didnā€™t do anything. This is what I donā€™t like about it, anything between 110-160 is a void that doesnā€™t get addressed. It is keeping my BG at 79 for the last few hours.

Installed it Monday and am loving it especially at night as it gives me more peace of mind should I have a spike up late at night.

1 Like

Correct, if it is STABLE between 112 and 160, it will not do anything. It is only if it is predicting it to be above or below those within 30 minutes that it will react.

1 Like

The question I have is could you put yourself in ā€œsleepā€ mode all day? My understanding is the target for sleep mode is something like 112-120. I understand you wonā€™t get the correction boluses, but if you are hovering in the 140-150 range it would at least increase your basil to bring you down to 120.

Just something ive been wondering about

2 Likes

Yes, you can be in sleep mode, and it will adjust the basal to keep it under 120, but it will NOT give correction boluses.

2 Likes

Cool. My theory is Iā€™ll handle correction boluses (160+), but if Iā€™m hoovering at 140. I would like some help pushing me down to 112.

Yes. They did have a large portion of their patients in the trial who chose to use sleep mode all the time, to get tighter control. Iā€™m going to give that a try in a few days. I want to see how control-iq reacts during the weekend before going the sleep mode route.

1 Like

Please report :slight_smile: back. Iā€™m very interested in that approach.

This is my biggest gripe with control-iq. I donā€™t worry about doing correction boluses for higher than normal BGs. Having a BG hover around 140 is irritating, in my opinion, the pump should be taking care of these types of highs because they inflict the most frustration.

1 Like

I completely agree!!

This is what itā€™s been doing the last 4-5 hours

3 Likes