Tandem Diabetes (new) CEO John Sheridan has recently (two weeks ago) provided public comments that give intended direction with the Tandem Basal-IQ and Control-IQ algorithms.
He is speaking in terms of the currently release Basal-IQ algorithm as well as the Control-IQ algorithm expected to be approved and launched later this year.
He is also discussing the currently released t:slim X2 pump as well as the t:sport pump expected to be approved and launched in the second half of next year .
This is in context of the Tandem t:slim X2 pump (and the upcoming t:sport pump) having the FDA designation of Alternate Controller Enabled (ACE) infusion pump.
- Basal-IQ does not necessarily go away in terms of the Control-IQ launch and the t:sport launch.
- I think that both algorithms (Basal-IQ & Control-IQ) could be used on both products (t:slim X2 & t:sport).
- We see both algorithms being available and on both systems.
- t:sport is going to complement t:slim
- It will be two pumps with two different algorithm options.
- We haven’t exactly figured out how we are going to do that yet. Whether it is going to be a switch or we are still working to figure how to exactly make that happen.