Test strips where do you dispose of them?

I put mine in my meter case,then put that in where I dispose of my needles. Nancy

I'm about the same, except for the testing. I always test.
But, there is no perfect diabetic, as there is no perfect human. I just changed my lancet yesterday, after having it used since before the holidays… i had to prick multiple times until there came some blood, so i decided it was time to change again LOL

I shared above that I put used strips in an empty strip canister when I'm at home. So today I went to test and oddly my meter stayed "stuck" on the "add blood" graphic even after I'd put the blood on the strip. I did it again and the same happened. Damn! I'm busy and a tad stressed and going out of town tomorrow. I don't need to have a problem with my meter-remote! Then I realized...I'd just started a new canister and the one filled with used strips was sitting on the table ready to be disposed of. I was taking my strips out of the used canister! Funny!

I have a happy face on the canister with the disposable strips. I have not made that mistake but I have put them in backwards. LOL glad you figured it out. Have a safe trip.

I throw used strip wrapped in cotton swab in trashbox and don/t leave it anywhere after testing

what is the name of this meter, sounds like something I would be interested in

Im new to Diabetes, just curious to know how often do you change the lancet?

well Shoehorn we are supposed to change it every time we test our blood, but most of us me included change it almost never. LOL, for me it is laziness i used to only change it when it started to hurt but now that I am a pumper I change it when I change my pod. so I am getting better. They say to change it each time and to wash your hands so that your test would be more accurate and not be tainted. hope this helps.

It's called Accu-Check Mobile.

I just sort of stick them in my Omnipod case unless there's a trash can nearby.

When I first started I rarely changed them. Now I change them daily.

We're supposed to change them after each test, but I can't bring myself to do that.

I try to throw mine away in the garbage right after use. I also carry a little plastic case for D garbage in my purse. Sometimes I will put them in my pocket wrapped in tissue, in the car console, or on my bed table if I'm in a hurry or too tired.

I don't think their are many ppl that do change them after every test except maybe new people. it is just another task intruding on our lives that we put off.

I carry all my testing goodies in a small wristlet so I just dump my strips in there and empty it out regularly.

The short answer: everywhere but the trash. The final destination of my test strips is a mystery

LOL@James, funny

I put them in my purse, or on the table, or on the floor or the seat of my car or wallet.... Usually in the little bag I carry the pdm, strip container and lancet in and then try and clean it out every once in awhile. This way I am sure which ones are used and which are new!!:)

lol@barbraann so the ones that are neat and tidy are the unused ones? :-)

I keep them in my meter case (which is really a small Kipling bag, because it's completely indestructible) and dump them all in my biohazard container when they start to get on my nerves. Sadly, that container is no longer used for lancets since my medical supply company stopped carrying the Fastclix lancets. I think I changed a lancet last sometime in December...

I find that it hurts after a while, that is when I used to change it now I change it when I change my pod. seems to work for me.