The Betes - Episode #9 - Inserters, are you chicken?

So, just short of walking around shirtless and flexing constantly...I've been wanting to show people how to put in a Medtronic Infusion Set and make it less about the pain - and more about the fact that it's not the end of the world.

That being said, these are fairly elementary level "how to" videos that are meant to de-mistify the whole insulin pump thing. Can't even begin to count the amount of people that ask me questions about this and now I don't have to give a dissertation on this every time they ask. :)

Hope you like it!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL HAHAHA

This was great, Neil. Thanks! Made me laugh. I have been using an insulin pump for around 15 years now and have always used the Silhouette infusion set. I cannot get myself to use Sil-serter, though. I guess you could call me a chicken. But, I'll take it!

Thanks again :)

Great Neil. Thanks for revealing the mysteries of infusion set insertion to this MDI'er.

There is nothing wrong with putting an infusion set into the body of a dead chicken… ;) Did you eat it afterwards?

Hahaa! No, I lost my appetite after 3 or 4 takes of spraying “Mountain Fresh” Lysol 5" away from my face.

Absolutely hilarious! Thanks for a great way to start the morning!

I'M STILL LAUGHING HAHAHAHAHAHA LOL

INSULIN FLAVORED CHICKEN
DID YOUR BG GO DOWN?
NEW WAY OF PUMPING

Ha! If We could get this in rotisserie flavor, I think we’d be onto something here!

when you're done, can i have a drum stick? pleeeeaaase.
thank you.