I wanted to some advice on some of the things I do to save money. Are some of the actions I'm taking doing more harm to me than good?
Stuff I'm less educated on
1) I take Humalog and Lantus currently. I use each bottle until it runs out. I think it takes me about 2 1/2 months to go through a bottle. I don't refrigerate the bottles because it is too inconvenient.
2) I reuse needles. Each one gets used twice. (Lantus always gets a new needle.)
3) I use a CGM. I do not change the sensor until it starts to error. (It may read me waay off or be unable to read me at all.) I get 10-14 days off of a sensor instead of the 7.
4) I always ask for free samples from the Endo. (Did you know a sample of insulin is a full bottle of it?)
5) I stock pile supplies and use them by the expiration date.