Things Only Other Diabetics Will Understand

I just picked the peanuts off a PayDay candy bar because I didn’t have any other snack options. Does anyone else do weird stuff like this when backed into a corner with no snack options?

Alex

3 Likes

When I was first learning to pay attention to carb counts, during one of my neighborhood walks—full of gardens and furry friends and birds galore----I paused to watch a robin working on a worm and found myself wondering how many carbs there were in a worm!—Really.

So, Alex—taking the nuts off a candy bar seems perfectly sane to me!..

1 Like

Since I’ve started eating lower carb, i try to mentally figure out how to make everything low carb. A co-worker was telling me about some chocolate lasagna recipe, I was like “Hmm, I wonder how low carb I could get that with some substitutions?”

1 Like

If I get the urge I will buy a candy bar and take one bite and throw the remainder away before chewing.

its my safety margin, to make sure i do not go completely nuts.

LOL

rick

1 Like

Rick, I am in awe of your self control!

When I was first diagnosed 3 years ago, I started interpreting all numbers as blood sugar numbers. I nearly reached for some sugar when I saw the thermostat in my room was set at 68. Totally get it.

1 Like

Love it! I was a dancer for 40 years–we count everything! My sister does the same. I count how many times I shake my hands out and squeeze my finger tip before sticking it!..I’ve always maintained their is a little OCD in many of us!..Judith

1 Like