Today is pump day

After 40 years of taking shots, today I get the pump going.

Yay!
Congrats!
you will LOVE it.
:slight_smile:

Congrats, and I too think you will love it! I sure do mine, and I did shots a whole lot shorter time than you

congratulations steve! i hope you love it!

Congrats! Yes, be patient with yourself and your blood sugars. For many people, it takes time to get used to it and get the settings right, but I think that you will love it!!

That wasn’t bad at all. Kinda cool knowing you have just taken the major factor for ups and downs out of the equation.

Congrat’s!!! I be patient!!! trust me you’ll need it

hi Steve,
Like everyone else is saying, be patient with yourself as it will likely take some time (a few days/weeks for some, months for others) to get your basal(s) and boluses figured out. I remember only a month after I started pumping, I thought to myself, why didn’t I do this much sooner? All of my pre-pump concerns, including sleeping with it; “being attached to something all the time”; and the worry about the infusion set being uncomfortable quickly subsided once I realized how convenient and comfortable it actually was. If you haven’t already purchased John Walsh’s book Pumping Insulin, I highly recommend it. It is an excellent resource. Happy Pumping!

Thanks for all of your replies. Support from Medtronics is off the chart,they rock.

I second everything Rob said. I’ve had my pump for about three months and yup, it takes a while to get everything figured out and tweaked - but I wish I had done this years ago.

And I just got Pumping Insulin a week or so ago. I think I’m only up to about chapter 8 or 9, but I’ve already learned quite a few things and I feel like I have a much better understanding - and I haven’t even gotten into the chapters with all of the pump tips yet!

Congrats Steve! Check out my blog, I just got the shippments of pieces and parts for the MiniMed! I’ll be starting here shortly as well!