Tour of Tandem manufacturing

The local insulin pumpers group took a tour of Tandem last night. They run the. Machines made in Finland continuously and had Windows to observe them and the workers in the clean rooms. Lots of interesting information.

I bet that was cool. I have a Medtronic but had had the local T-Slim guy over to meet a group of 3 of us and ran into him again recently. He said that the Tslim-Dex4 combo is keeping him extremely busy, and he admitted he was getting a bit ragged with the hustle although also, of course, that that’s what you want when you’re in sales!!

What an opportunity! I would give my left nut (if I had one) to tour Insulet. I am perhaps their biggest fan!

Insulet, are you listening?

They gave us a really nice dinner too. They make their reservoirs 24 hours a day so we watched them working. Was just lucky the company is located in town. During the day they do the final steps of manufacturing the pump from parts made all over. I remember the flexible PC board was made in Israel and the adhesives are Locktite products. Their pump sucks up 1/3 unit and pushes that out in smaller increments and somehow that explains why the delivery is so slow but it is the smallest pump. Some people in our pumpers group had been in the focus groups as it was designed.