Traveling with Novalog insulin -Need pointers Please!

First time since becomming a Novalog user that I will be traveling across multiple states - ususally vacation is 3-4 hours away-looking at 24 48 hours in a car. I know unooened unused insulin needs to be kept refridgerated . Easy when you have one - but in a car since I will be gone for a week on the road -what is the best way to do this ?

You're making yourself crazy.. DO NOT !!!

There is nothing remotely special about car travel with insulin. Get a fanny pack, and put your insulin, syringes, extra strips, meter ALL in the pack.

No ice, no special refrigeration, literally nothing special. Keep it hooked around your waist while traveling. If you are cold in the car, turn on the heat. The insulin will have no problem UNLESS it either freezes or boils. Unless YOU are doing either one, all your supplies are just fine!

Takethe pack inside with you where ever you go inside. Nothing special

So... relax. (Love people like Stuart on TuD who so help assure us)and get a small purse size soft cooler and a small icepack, keep it cool, and it will be fine. JUST went through the same thing and stressed myself out OVERLY and unnecessarely. Hubby stressed out more than me and so added ice which melted and soaked the little cardboard boxes vials came in.. a mess. Ha! (Note to self: in future remove vials from boxes)You will be ok! And so will your insulin. Life saver! Little vials of LIFE! Your new best friend? Insulin. ELIXIR of life...
Have a safe and happy trip.

Thanks Gina! Awesome advice. I will do just that. I can totally see my husband doing just that. Thanks but not going until June. Tennessee from Florida by way of car just meandering our way there no major plan just taking in the sights of land other than flat Florida! Lol…

PS . Thank you for being my first tud friend and my name is Laurie.
( :