Tresiba update a1c dropped from 12.5 to 8.2!

GREAT NEWS TO SHARE!!! Went to endo today. A1c came down from October at 12.5 to 8.2!!! I am so happy! I started Tresiba on Nov 3. I started using mealtime bolus insulin Novolog just a few units with meals when I eat 30 or so carbs. I only started the mealtime insulin on 12/27/16 as I was afraid of going too low. Have not had any lows. I am taking 18 units of Tresiba each morning. The bad side is I gained 20 pounds in one month. So I am seeing a nutritionist on Feb 1 to get a better understanding of how to lose this weight. I am active with some walking and yoga 4-6 days per week. The yoga is fast paced “power” heated yoga. I know I need more walking and exercise. After working all day, I feel tired at night. I have to try more exercise earlier in the day to help lose this weight.

Not sure where the best place is to post this news, but wanted to thank all for the support and sharing information. I am very happy with the new A1c and hope it will be 7 or less when I go back in April. I look back and realize I was feeling very sluggish and tired. I feel so much better since starting the insulin, and am glad I finally gave in. I fought insulin for many years.

9 Likes

That is truly fabulous! Mazel Tov!

Congrats on seizing control of your situation and driving toward a healthier you! Your drop in A1c is truly impressive! Keep up the great work.

Congratulations… I bet you feel sooo much better.

Wow! Congratulations! How exciting!!

That’s great news! Congratulations!

Congratulations, thats great!