Trials - Alefacept vs. Diapep227

All,

I am investigating getting into one of 2 trials. One is for Alefacept, the other is for Diapep227. Both are sort of targeted immune suppressants. I have not been able to get in touch with the Diapep227 trial recruiters and the other guys are great with response but I am almost out of time for getting in that trial due to needing to start 100 days following diagnosis. So even if I qualify for that, we are not sure there is enough time to get in.

Anyway, have you guys heard of the two drugs and its related trials. Any opinion on which one looks more promising to actually provide a cure?

Hi Ben: Unfortunately, I don’t have any input here, but I presume you have seen this blog? Type 1 diabetes cure research

Best of luck to you.

Hi Ben,
I am in the Diapep trial. I was first diagnosed T1 in early 2010 and by the time the third physician finally figured out that I had LADA, most trials wouldn’t accept me anymore. The Diapep trial is a 50:50 allocation and so far I cannot comment on how it is going for me… Good luck to you. It takes a while to get used to the new reality but then it becomes routine…