Trying...Again

Here we go again. Another attempt at turning around my health. It's been a constant struggle...good days and bad. I think burnt out is an understatement. But I know I have the support. I know I have those who care. So why am I slipping? Why am I falling back? I wish I had the answers. But today begins a new chance, a new start. A site like this is truly a god send.

My biggest complaint, if you will, is that care here is hard to find. Living in Napa County you either have to struggle to find a true CDE willing to understand you or you have to take the expense of going into the city (SFO) or go as far as Irvine to get into Joslin there. I guess I am jaded from coming from Boston - home to Joslin and the major medical centers.

So I ask you be there to support me and tell me what you are doing. And let me have the opportunity to vent, smile, cry, and do the things to get better. I am 41, and I don't want this to beat me.

have you checked out the diabetes education at the Queen in Napa? or are you a Kaiser patient? let me know, i have phone numbers I can give you.

Anthony,
Welcome. This is a great place to express all the frustrations and indecisions. I am a type 2 who has two adult type 1 children. Even though the docs and the CDE are just full of knowledge and “experience” my type 1 son was the best teacher I could have had. As a diabetic he understood. Get everythihg you possibly can from the doctor and the CDE, but when you need understanding and help you to stand up days there is nothing like another diabetic. You do the best you can. we all have days that are good and days when absolutely nothing seems to go right. Get with your educator and doctor as soon as you can then come on back to let us know how you are getting along. We will be waiting to hear from you.

Anthony, saw your posting after I had posted a similar one. Taking some refresher courses, along with some other significant changes have helped alter the path I was on. Best of luck to you!

There are two important things that you’ve already done to nudge you on your way to success:

1. Think it over, realise you need to act.
  2. Talk to other diabetics who understand and offer to share their knowledge.

You’re on the way to success here :slight_smile:

All the best for your new journey. Feel free to ask anything because we really do understand and want to help.