Tslim insertion trouble

I too had issues with the insertion of the Autosoft 90 for my daughter until I realized the one big mistake I made was to pull up and down on the inserter after the cannula went in.
Once the “kachong” happens, I needed to use a defunct credit card to hold down the adhesive (from the side) and gently, slowly pull up on the inserter.

By doing that up and down motion I was actually dislodging the cannula and then sometimes it bent.

We switched to the T steel and had way fewer issues. Still, somehow not “fool proof”. Now we use the Autosoft 30 and insertions and infusion are fine 90% of the time.

I hate when an infusion set change goes wrong and my daughter spikes to over 300. I’ve learned to not give her breakfast until we’re sure the new set is ok.

2 Likes

I am watching closely for a couple of hours after a set change.

I’ve only been using a pump for 3 1/2 months. I had a couple of failures due to my error. I have been pushing the part of the applicator after it drops, and then slowly and perpendicular to the set easing it off. After removing the applicator I do a rub on the patch like is recommended for the Dexcom sensor. The only other thing I do for both Dexcom and infusion sets is to scrub a wide area with an alcohol soaked paper towel to remove any skin oils, soap or lotions.

So far, I haven’t had any problems with the patches getting unstuck. Today I did a 3 hour bike ride and no problems.