TuDiabetes Heroes

I haven't been participating in the DBlog Week until today. Today I read Jane K's blog, in which she wrote: "As Dblog Week comes to a close I think the people who have done important things to create an interactive community for people with diabetes are heroes". That statement inspired me to say that Manny Hernandez is my hero.

There have been three landmarks in my Diabetes: 1) diagnosis in November, 1993, 2) the day that insulin therapy began, and 3) finding TuDiabetes. Manny was responsible for the third. More than once I have referred to TuDiabetes as my lifeline. Here I found the continuing information and education that I need, and friends who brighten my life.

Of course there are many other heroes on this site as well, including all the hardworking folks who keep the site so useful and so much fun. I can't name them all, but I appreciate them all. Thanks!

I agree. I agree. I agree.
Manny is one of the most thoughtful people I know.
And with the success of TD, he sure has a lot of people to keep track of!
Thanks for posting this, my friend.

Thanks Trudy! Couldn't agree more, with every word.

Thank you so much for your very kind words!!

Thanks to all for reading and commenting.

Manny is oner of my heros in my D life but also I kinda got to give it to my mom & my cousin Debbie. Without my mom..................well we all know the story there..............my cousin Debbie was 10 years older than me and was diagnoses babk in the 50's with Type 1 so when I got Type 1 she was always there for me to answer any question I had in the 70's she's gone now but she did help me ALOT! I guess I got 3 heros there

Manny is the diabetes hero. I have learned so much from this site and have enjoyed the friendship and support of SO MANY here.Thanks to him for starting this site!! And thanks to all ofthe Tudiabetes members who have expressesed such gratitude to every hero they know of: An "Attitude of Gratitude"is what keeps us going.

God bless,
Brunetta

Thanks, Brunetta. When I'm feeling down, TuD reminds me of good attitudes, such as gratitude. There's always somebody/something to think about here as well.