Type II, on Metformin, Amaryl and Januvia

This is my week for my initial A1C with my new MD. To say the least, I am confident, it will be not so hot, I am sure I will be above 7.8. I spent my summer stressing about medical care, eating to make up for not having what I wanted, and not exercising partially due to physical restraints and the other depression.

To update, I have arthritis in all my joints and although it’s not recommended treatments, I do take IBprofen and when the pain is at a 9 our of 10, I will have a cortison injection. I had one about 7 weeks ago, which makes your blood sugar levels go up, mine for about three days. Saturday, I took Metformin and an IB without eating anything, and after about an hour was sicker than a dog. I lost everything in my stomach, and then some. Slept most of the day. I have NEVER had any problem with Met or IB before, but am thinking the combo and no food didn’t help much. Now I am trying to work on a schedule for taking both, that won’t have them in my stomach at the same time, and with some food. Since I take Met three times a day, and IB twice a day, that is a feat in itself. But the pain is at an 8…and don’t know how long I’ll be able to do anything without going back to the IB. All of this is going to make my A!C look wonderful too.

What I want to do is discuss this with the new MD; take another A!C in December and be faithful to my health plan as I can be. I will have one cortison treatment in October…but that has to work out that way.
It’s probably not a perfect manner of treating everything, but I’ve known this for a long time, and have had to work with it for even longer. My alternatives are not any better.

Ideas?