Very interesting

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/11/03/rule_riles_a_diabetic_test_taker/?page=1

I have very little comment, other than this definitely means I will be talking ot my endo about getting everything squared away before my GRE in December.

Ouch!!! That is so sad. I wonder if someone had come in with an oxygen tank or something like that would they have done the same. If they are going to have people moderating these tests, they need to be educated on things like diabetes and devices that would and should be acceptable. So sad!!! Good luck on your test, BTW.

The lesson I take from this is ‘be proactive.’ Now you know what you have to do.

We all know about or have encountered ignorance about diabetes in the world. It’s difficult, if not impossible, to educate people on the spot. Considering that there was a procedure in place that might have taken care of this I have only a little sympathy for Sara Kingsley. And I’m only a little ticked at the proctor, who goes to the job with one thing in mind - protect the integrity of the text. At least he/she was open-minded enough to learn that the pump was a pump and not an iPod. (I don’t know about you, but I ALWAYS listen to my iPod through my abdomen.)

In any case - take care of this advance, Jackie. Thanks for the article and good luck on the test.