WE Ride SD to Cure my Diabetes...Critical Mass Edition

WE Ride SD, the name of my Cycling Crew…I ride a 2009 Fuji Track (Fixed Gear) - Fixie for short…i ride everyday…its my grounding of controlling my newly found obstacle…Diabetes. Finding out that using cycling as a outlet to control my diabetes has made waves in my levels and A1C…its lowered it more that 2.4 times…ive lost inches and gained muscle, i have more stamina to go the distance in almost anything i do…People if u hate running i suggest buying a bike…its less stress u put on body then running and pounding the pavement…luckily ive been fortunate to be able to self motivate myself to ride on my own when need be…but i do have the support of my cycling crew…just a group of friends that have a common interest in riding and having fun…and of course exercising…

Last night i rode in an event called, Critical Mass…Over 1100 cyclist of all skill level rode various types of bikes from beach cruisers, mountain bikes to road bikes, to fixies, to tandeum, to double deckers to…etc. We would meet at Balboa Park in San Diego and leave around 8pm and Ride all around San Diego County…last night i rode 34.7 miles of pure craziness…WE bombed down hills…and mashed up hills…u have to remember i ride a fixie (the most basic bike), only one gear and unlike a regular bike i can’t pedal backwards (referred to as Free wheel), i constantly have to pedal…if you try to pedal backwards u get a braking feeling like a coaster brake, but its nothing like it…you pretty much have to lock your legs to get it to brake…at a stop balance position if you skilled enough you can pedal backwards and the bike will pedal backwards…Anyways we rode last night and i wore out my only brake (front)…its a safe guard… But back to our ride…If you know San Diego, WE Rode in Normal Heights/Hillcrest/Mission Valley/Fashion Valley/Mission Bay/Old Town/Downtown/Balboa Park…and back…34.7 miles of pure intensity…and all through the ride i was telling people, “I can feel the Diabetes roll off me…” before the ride i love talking about how cycling has helped cure my diabetes…i think i burnt off a little over 1000 calories last night…

WE Ride SD to cure my Diabetes…