Weight

Hello all.
Can anyone give me any advice on how to gain weight.been type 1 a year now.i used to be 12 stone 8 .went down to 11’6. Got myself upto 12.4 now I struggle to keep it at 12! Fed up with looking skinny.i eat porridge or toast for breakfast.pasta chicken most lunch times. And evenings sweet potatoes lean Turkey steaks and veg most nights.i also snack on peanut butter sarnies during day to keep my levels up while I’m working.i don’t exercise much either.also I eat a lot of blueberrys.anyone else struggle with this .any advice would be good as I’m fed up with constantly weighing myself and getting annoyed. I take around 8 units of lantus at night and around 2 or 3 units of novo rapid with my dinner.HELP

12 stones = 168 lbs...I'm 5'-11" tall and if I weighed 168 lbs. I would jump for joy and would not think I was a bit skinny. I would have to be over 6'-3" tall before I would be considered under weight and my BMI would still be 20...?

1 stone = 14 lbs...

Hi -

I lost about 20 pounds (1.5 stone) before diagnosis and during my first year of T1. I've slowly put back about half of that over the last 7 years. It's been work and I recommend patience.

I eat about 78 grams of peanut butter with my breakfast toast. It adds around 400 calories a day to my diet and has been a big help in gaining weight. You can ramp it up or down with little effect on your blood sugar.

Good luck,

Maurie

Thank you.

Thank you.will keep trying