What about you?

Some fun questions:

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows?

2. Do you have a favourite lancing device? (Picker)

3. What's your favourite glucometer?

4. Where do you keep your 'stash'?

5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar).

6. What finger do you test on most often?

7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection?

8. What about your LEAST favourite?

9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it?

10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes?

1. Sweetarts. Cheap, fast and flavourfull.

2. I love the BD pickers, they actually seem to remember that I need to use my flesh for things other than the sole purpose of bleeding.

3. I only like glucometers that take a small drop of blood, like the FreestyleLite or the BD contour.

4. I have most of my supplies in the top drawer of my dresser, and some insulin in the fridge.

5. I drink sugar-free root beer. It is delish, but not healthy by any means.

6. I test the outer edge of my pinky, half-way down the nail... there are less nerve endings there.

7. I used to like my legs before the pump, but now everything is in the stomach.

8. I HATED using my stomach, and I think the second time I EVER took a stomach injection was the day I started the pump. Ouch!

9. I want a more sturdy case, I don't like my flimsy ones. Also, some colour wouldn't hurt...

10. What wouldn't I do? :)

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? Starburst Jelly beans

2. What's the best picker you ever did see? I dunno, I use the ones that come with my meter

3. What's your favourite glucometer? One Touch Ultra Mini

4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? In my pump and the meter goes in my pocket, along with a small bag of jelly beans

5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar). Diet Coke

6. What finger do you test on most often? All of the above

7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? Veins @ bars. heh heh heh...

8. What about your LEAST favourite? When the CGM hits a gusher, inevitably when I'm running behind a bit and I have to spend 5-10 minutes lying on the floor applying pressure...

9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? Smaller monitor cases. I have only found one pair of running shorts with a pocket that will hold the meter

10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? I don't plan on this.

Hahahaha veins at bars? This is about insulin, right? :P

Veins @ bars is always a conversation piece! Here's some illustrations of the Jelly Bean bag, my old syringe/ insulin bag and my current running rig (which is not quite big enough to lug a meter, unless I take it out of the holder thingy...), if anyone is curious:

Some fun questions:

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows?- GU, sports gel. I just try to be careful which ones have caffeine.

2. What's the best picker you ever did see?- I use whatever

3. What's your favourite glucometer? the ultra- I love that it send the info to the pump

4. Where do you keep your 'stash'?- A big purse, at the gym, in a wrist bag

5. What's your favorite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar). Coconut sugar crystals

6. What finger do you test on most often? rotate each hand each finger

7. What is/was your favorite spot to take an injection?- Anywhere that doesn't hurt

8. What about your LEAST favorite?- Anywhere that bleeds

9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it?- I would have the pump smaller, more flat, like a smart phone.

10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? I don't know but I can imagine a huge sense of relief.

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? Usually whatever is around, I work in an office, it's not hard to find sugar lol
2. What's the best picker you ever did see? I have never compared them, I always use the one that comes with the meter
3. What's your favourite glucometer? I used to LOVE the BD meter that used to come with MM pumps, but since they are discontinued I use OneTouch and don't have a problem with it except I wish it could Ping like Animas :(
4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? In my closet in one of those 3 tier storage things
5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar). Diet Coke or Diet Dr.Pepper
6. What finger do you test on most often? Both ring fingers, I use my thumbs the least
7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? Anywhere? When I was on MDI I tended to use my legs a lot and always got bruising there
8. What about your LEAST favourite? They are all the same, but arms are a bit of a drag
9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? I would make it look for fashionable and pretty :)
10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? Don't spend too much time thinking about it, I think my brain has been programmed to "diabetic" by now

1. At the moment SunRipe fruit/veggie bars - the thick ones.
2. Current one from Accu-Check
3. My current Accu-check
I had MAJOR issues with the new Bayer USB contour meter - very cool but read me at 3.5 and I felt high so I retested a second later and I was at 20!! Then next day read 15, retested and I was 8. Sent it back and got the Accu-check. My pharmacist was very concerned talked to the Bayer rep in person and I've never heard a thing from the company in 3 weeks! So Accu-check will get all my money from now on.
4. In my desk drawer at work, a bar in every purse, in the glove compartment of the car and in the nightstand drawer.
5. Chocolate and Skinny cow ice cream
6. Pinky and ring fingers - only ever use those ones.
7. Stomach - easy access - don't need to strip off half my clothes to access it.
8. Arms - always hated arms - hurts more for some reason.
9. A continuous montoring glucose watch you just wear on your wrist - one that can be worn during sports.
10. Eat a bowl of my husband's home made carmel sauce. Then I would stop because if I continued eating everything I'd gain a ton of weight. But honestly not much would change - just less needles. I've had it for so long I don't know if I would be able to change my way of thinking or living. Probably would stay the same. :)

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? Skittles. I put them in little bags like ar's
2. What's the best picker you ever did see? multiclix for home, delica for travel
3. What's your favourite glucometer? one touch for ping
4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? closet in baskets, glucometer etc. in kitchen, skittles everywhere
5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar). root beer float!!! (diet root beer with whipped cream)
6. What finger do you test on most often? Alternate days on right hand fingers, can't use left hand
7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? outer thigh
8. What about your LEAST favourite? abdomen
9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? Smaller pump. I like my case - red leather from ebay

10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? Don't think it'll happen in my lifetime, don't give it any thought

What's a "picker"? By context it sounds like you're talking about the lancing device? Never heard that word.

Thank you, Valerie, for posting this. I think these surveys are fun.

Be well!

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? Orange glucose tabs. Ice cream, if I can find it as needed.

2. What's the best picker you ever did see? the only one I have ever used is a One-Touch of some form or another.

3. What's your favourite glucometer? One-Touch Ping. I like the One-Touch ultra mini as well.

4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? Insulin goes in the refrigerator. Pump supplies are mostly stored near my desk. When I am on the road, I take I a small carrying case containing a reservoir, an infusion set, insulin and other supplies stored.

5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar).Diet Coke/Coke Zero

6. What finger do you test on most often? Middle finger, right hand. There is no reason for it, nor is there any shapely crass gesture needed.

7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? Always my abdomen.

8. What about your LEAST favourite? Leg.

9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? I would get rid of the 'dongle' for my pump and install a plug in to connect a cord directly to the computer.

10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? Ask my elderly mother to help me bake her chocolate chip cookies and eat the whole batch.

1. Glucose tabs - precise dose, don't go bad and just consider them "medicine"
2. Don't know what a "picker" is - but if you mean lancing device, I like the accu-chek multi lancet drum. Others I've seen seem primitive
3. I've been happy with my Accu-chek and now have the One Touch meter remote for my pump which is fine too.
4. I have two shelves in a closet and insulin in the fridge
5. I don't eat sugar and I don't eat sugar free foods. When I stopped eating sugar 17 years ago everyone recommended sugar free foods to me and they all tasted awful and made me crave "the real thing". Maybe they've gotten better since then, but basically I just don't eat desserts or treats. At the end of a good meal out I sometimes enjoy an espresso
6. I use all but thumbs and try to rotate
7. When still injected I used my stomach. Now on the pump I prefer my hips, but sometimes use thighs for my infusion sets when my hips need a brake.
8. I hated infusion sets in my stomach, they seemed in the way.
9. I'm fine with what I have. I don't work full time so don't need to carry a lot of stuff where I'd want something fancier
10. Not expecting this in my lifetime. But if so, it isn't what I'd do, it's what I'd no longer have to do - test, count carbs, etc. 'd eat pretty much as I do now with addition of cereal or granola and pasta.

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? Regular soda

2. What's the best picker you ever did see? I personally like my onetouch ultrasoft.

3. What's your favourite glucometer? Relion Confirm. not the fanciest, but the strips are $20 for 50... can't complain about it

4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? uhh... Kitchen table?

5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar).Diet soda, everything else I just eat the regular version

6. What finger do you test on most often? left ring finger

7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? in the summer, back of my arms. In the winter, my stomach

8. What about your LEAST favourite? Thighs. I can't give a shot there without bleeding.

9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? I would give it a horizontal belt clip instead of a vertical one, that way I could open it without spilling everything. also I would make it about 2 inches longer so I could hold my insulin pens with the cap on.

10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? Honestly, I would probably cry.

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? Pretzels work the quickest. Sugar tabs if I'm mobile.
2. What's the best picker you ever did see? Whatever comes with the meter
3. What's your favourite glucometer? Used Freestyle at the beginning, liked the best
4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? Bag I bring to work. Starting to think I'll need a purse! ;)
5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar). Don't care, eat whatever I want.
6. What finger do you test on most often? rotate - Mon is thumb, Tue is forefinger, etc. Switch hands each week
7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? Always have done stomach
8. What about your LEAST favourite? n/a
9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? make it smaller
10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? Once I stopped crying, I would create a bonfire of all of my supplies. Sadly, it's inconceivable.

Interesting insulin bag. Louis Vuitton? Diabetics do it...with style!

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? If you mean what I like, it would be imarti. Anything gaanthiya. Chocolate. If you mean what I should do, and do do when I'm not at home? Glucose tabs. (Although I'm considering AR's jellybean strategy. Best of both styles!)
2. What's the best picker you ever did see? Accu-Check Multiclix
3. What's your favourite glucometer? Freestyle Lite
4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? Usually, my murse. While I'm recovering from surgery? Essential items (blood glucose meter, lancer, OmniPod PDM, Dexcom) in a small zippered cloth carrying bag.
5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar). Diet Sprite or Diet Coke. (Which is very rare as I usually drink only water.)
6. What finger do you test on most often? Ring finger on both hands.
7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? Arms.
8. What about your LEAST favourite? Thigh (I'd bleed the most from there).
9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? More compartments so I can segregate stuff more.
10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? Don't think about it too much. When I do, I have a hard time thinking of what I'd do because everything I think of is stuff no one should do, diabetic or not.

Funny answers for fun questions.........time for humor.............
1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? I listen to Robin Williams.
2. What's the best picker you ever did see? Granda Pa Jones....the best banjo player ever.
3. What's your favourite glucometer? The one with free strips. Anybody know one?
4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? In the stash can, of course.
5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar). I have none.
6. What finger do you test on most often? Your finger Valerie. .
7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? Maui, Hawaii.
8. What about your LEAST favourite? When I'm skydiving.
9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? My new supplies case would be a trash bag, it's easier to throw it all out the window that way.
10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? I would interview Banting & Best. I 'll be long dead by then.

Hysterical, Mike, thanks! I still think it's interesting that everyone but me knew what a "picker" is - when I would think of banjo players as well! Wouldn't a "pricker" make more sense?

Some fun questions:

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? three butterscotch candies

2. What's the best picker you ever did see? One that came with my new meter, it has either very fine, fine or a thicker point..and you can barely feel it.

3. What's your favourite glucometer? Lifescan

4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? in a box in the bathroom

5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar). Pudding and tapioca

6. What finger do you test on most often? Middle finger on left hand, or my palm

7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? left side

8. What about your LEAST favourite? stomach

9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? Yes, I would make it bigger and prettier than it is now black....I would make the meter reading larger so I can see it better.

10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? I'd be crying and jumping for joy. Then I'd have a big oreo sundae at Burger King, right after I thanked God for the reprieve.

1 glucose tabs 2 ? 3 LifeScan's Mini 4 In Frios ready to go 5 cool whip 6 they're equal opportunity 7 -8 ? 9 I'd stick it in my bra 10 do stalls and rolls and loop the loops maybe with some smoke coming out saying "Whoopee!"