What in the world is going on?

I’m a veteran…
My first BG issues showed up when I was 20 on a pre deployment physical, they gave me a GTT
and set me back to my company with no explanation, I was deployed overseas. I did not really have any major problems until I was 34 and went into DK and was hospitalized.

If your planning a military career don’t stop…if you end up a diabetic, you will be better off as a veteran with diabetes…

Eat high protein / high fat meals and this will help. When you eat sugary high carb meals your body over produces insulin and you suffer post meal hypoglycemia…

I’m not of much help, but I suffered from reactive hypoglycemia for many years before my sugars got higher. I would eat and, if I didn’t properly eat enough protein or ate too many fast acting carbs, I would crash a few hours later. For me this included panic attacks and irritability. I don’t remember the thirst issue until I was suffering from high BG. I have been hanging out with an A1C of 5.8% for the last three years despite a healthy weight, active lifestyle, and good diet. I’ve always blamed my genes for my problems. The good news is that the guidelines for diabetes and RH are almost identical. If you set up a good eating pattern for one and the issue is the other, things should still improve.