What is your current Lantus dosage?

My current dose is 45 units in the morning due to my sugar would drop in the middle of the nite.

Sorry i also take Humalog on a sliding scale 1 per 15 carbs

90 units in the morning and 20 inthe evening

I also take Humalog at meals with a correction scale. It is easier for me that way.

I was just diagnosed as type 1 diabetic 1 month ago today
So fay the doc has me taking 30 units of Lantus every morning
and I take Novolog as per a sliding scale before my meals and
right before I go to bed.

So far I’ve been trying to change my eating habits, I’m still learning about
counting carbs and all that. for now, I eat about 250g of carbs a day.
been trying to eat less, but my life totally got flipped around a month
ago, so I’m still trying to settle in to my newly attained health issue
and such.

last month I was upped to 34 units, but told that like last time if my morning numbers where not coming down I could go up to 40 units (but to give it the standard 2 months before thinking about doing so).

I’m thinking of it right now, because I’ve not come down as yet - my numbers are now higher then they where on just the 30 units (so either going low in my sleep or something is up) - but the rest of the day my numbers are more steady then at 30 so something is working.

he usually feels like hes going to throw up (hes ended up in the hospitol 4 times this year already the last 2 times the high’s have been 548 (the last time) and the emt’s meter reads to 800 and above that all it says is hi and it read hi ) so in short things dont go well when he dosent take it both times he was out of both lantus and humalog for more than 2 days

28 units before bed - dowm from 40 when first diagnosed. I was bottoming out almost every night on 40. Endo says reduce dosage by 2 units, then measure for the next 4 days, repeat until numbers are good. Though I find if I am under 100 before I go to bed, I still bottom out. Also take Novolog with meals (1 unit per 10 grams of carbs). May consider taking Lantus earlier, as night time levels (6-10pm) tend to be a little higher than I would like, especially when I don’t get to eat dinner.

I take 60-80 of Lantus and a sliding scale on my Humalog

M. Peterson
www.hellocupcakeitsme.com

i take 8 im kinda new to type 1 diabetes since nov.3,2009

I take 13 units every morning before breakfast. Also take Regular 10-11 units at the same time. Take 10-13 units of Regular before dinner meal.
My Lantus often peaks at 4:00 PM (seven to eight hours after taking it)!

10 units at 10pm. I’ve experienced one low at 3am. All my other lows are attributed to Humalog, one to two hours following a meal.

Hi I’m 110 pounds so my dose of lantus is a tinny dose of 11 units .I Take my dose in the morning daily.

I have been taking 6-8 units of Lantus. Before, I was taking 10-12 units and getting up in the AM in the 50’s. Now I usually am in the 60-70’s.

I’m taking ten units and have been waking up from time to time low also. I just got increased from six units to ten. Its been real good except my morning early morning, lows at times.

Currently 30 units at 11:30pm every night, began taking Lantus in mid 2002. Dosages have varied over the years

I started out taking 16 U at night in 2006, through the years I have dropped to 10 Units. Presently I am taking the 10 U in divided doses for complete 24 hour coverage. I take 5 U at 9:30 am and pm. Using Novolog for meals and correction and have an A1c at 6.4%. Love Chele

P.S. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Switching to Lantus from Levemir but it is 40cc in AM and PM for a total of 80units a day.

As I previously mentioned I am doing fine with Lantus. My Main problem now is getting my Novolog scale in line.

Love Chele

When I was first diagnosed in 2005, I was on Lantus (and Humalog, then Metformin) for about a year and a half before switching to only oral meds (Metformin and Prandin). The pills stopped working for me over the summer, and since September I’ve been on insulin; I started with Humalog and NPH, after a few weeks I changed to Humalog and Lantus. Currently I’m taking 20 units of Lantus at about 11:30 PM. Evening Lantus injections worked for me five years ago, so hopefully they’ll still work for me now.