What number would be less than .5?

my endo said to me today he had never seen a higher number at diagnosis. it was 768. i asked what it would be in a normal person and he said .5 or less.

i have no idea what he was talking about. my blood sugar? but, no ones blood sugar is .5 or less.

any ideas?

Could he have been talking about an A1C of 5.0 or less? That’s the only thing that would make sense and sounds similar. A normal person generally has a blood sugar in the 70s, 80s and 90s. There have been other people on here describing numbers at diagnosis in the 700 and 800s and I believe I heard 1,000. Mine was 325 and that was enough.

Ketones, maybe. Or maybe sugar in urine. Normally there would be less than a small quantity, maybe called “zero” or “trace”.

I know when I presented 30 years ago in deep DKA, the urine strip ketone test turned jet black, way darker than the darkest calibration strip.

768 would be a high blood glucose at diagnosis but 0.5 would not by any means be normal.

going to the endo makes me nervous and i had a low of 43 while i was there. i definitely could have misunderstood ALOT! lol…

wow…768 is high. makes sense…i was one sick puppy

Yes, my thought was ketones as well. According to the blood ketone meter anything above 0.5 is high.