What Song Cheers You Up When Your Down?

As iam sure everyone here has had bad days dealing with Diabetes and have felt down and out, …when i feel that way, i like to listen to 2 songs which always make me feel better, “Mr blue sky” by ELO, and “hey jude”, by the beatles, if you listen closely to hey jude it has a lot of lyrics that speak to you “Take a sad song and make it better”, “The minute you let her under your skin,Then you begin to make it better”, “And any time you feel the pain, hey, Jude, refrain Don’t carry the world upon your shoulders Well don’t you know that its a fool who plays it cool”…see what i mean?

“Don’t Give Up,” by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush:

This doesn’t really “cheer” me, per se, but every time I hear Sheryl Crow sing “Everyday is a Winding Road,” I get a little chuckle on behalf of diabetics everywhere. Check it:

“…Everybody gets high, everybody gets low
These are the days when anything goes
Everyday is a winding road
I get a little bit closer
Everyday is a faded sign
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.”

Don’t we all, Sheryl. Don’t we all.

Bubble Toes by Jack Johnson

Just about anything by the Who or Carlos Santana.

Louis Armstrong…What a wonderful world! It just makes me appreciate all that I have been blessed with…Cheers

“Give me three steps” by Lynyrd Skynyrd. The song is of no particular significance, but is just a funny song.

Classic southern rock at its best, Trav. Sure makes a person feel like honky-tonkin’.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPcX-5Tmqt8

When my 9 year old niece turned 1, my sister put this CD on (first time I had heard it )and picked up Cameron and twirled and danced around to this Sugar Ray Song (Someday), it just has so much meaning to me.

How do you post the actual you tube video on here!!?? Hope you click and take a listen :slight_smile:

I could really name about 500. Music has always and still is a primary healing force in my life. I love sharing our favorite tunes.

Kathy,

I have that album, yes I said album :slight_smile:

That’s a good one Karen. I just spent 90 minutes trying to figure out how to embed the video, which I was finally able to, but now I couldn’t repeat it if I had to…(senior moment?)

Oh yup - the best. I always forget about Stevie but he is a man of truly great talent.

tis okay

Yep, love his songs

really simple, and only takes a couple sec’s, on the right of the video is something that says “embed”, you just cut and past that link to your post, and your video will show up on the post here

hmmm I thought I tried that, will try again :slight_smile: ty

ty, sir :slight_smile:

You go girl!