What to take? Over the counter pain meds

Good evening everyone!

I can’t seem to find a straight answer to this question, different sites, different answers…

What over the counter pain medicine can I take as a T2 that won’t intact with Metformin?

Thanks in advance!

The basics, ibuprofen, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, aspirin.

3 Likes

My leg thanks you for you quick reply!

1 Like

My favorite go-to is Motrin

2 Likes

Ibuprofen works for me.

1 Like

I recently attended an on line class. They said ibuprofen and aleve are very hard on kidneys . Diabetics shouldn’t take them. So I do not use them. I try not to take much of anything. Nancy50

I avoid taking all pain meds too unless it’s really intense pain.
The risk to kidneys is only in doses over 500 mg.
My doctor tells me I can take up to 200 mg with out worrying.
I don’t have any kidney problems though.

I too avoid otc pain meds unless I really need them. But when I do, I always go for aspirin, because afaik, it is the lowest risk of all nsaids, and historically has been used the longest.

Google?
q=interaction+between+metformin+and+acetaminophen&client=safari&hl=en-us&ei=93ZmYNzCA4b1-gTbkobgAQ&oq=acetaminophen+and+metformin+interaction&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYATIGCAAQFhAeMggIABAWEAoQHjIFCAAQhgMyBQgAEIYDMgUIABCGAzoECAAQRzoFCAAQsQM6BAgAEEM6CggAELEDEIMBEEM6BwgAELEDEEM6CAgAELEDEIMBOgIIADoFCCEQoAE6CAghEBYQHRAeUISEAljv2QNgg4IEaAFwAXgAgAH6AYgBlRWSAQYyMi40LjGYAQCgAQHIAQjAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

I have been taking naproxen and ibuprofen for years until I was diagnosed with T2…Now I only take acetaminophen…

Ed T