What triggers diabetes?

Can diabetes be triggered by food poisoning? I been
Reading about food poisoning causing inflamation of the
Pancreas and leading to diabetes.

Atmospheric nuclear testing

I have researched my own onset and found some interesting causes, top on my list is Atenol, for high blood pressure has diabetes warning, also many statin drugs. some sort of trauma as well as high stress, my diabetes onset was almost an instant event. I suspect some of the above contributed to the smoking gun.

I think the cause in some cases, like mine, is viral. Several years before my Dx I had Hepatitis. I don't know what kind b/c they didn't catagorize them at that time. I think the virus went to my pancreas and gradually killed the Beta cells. That is just my theory. I know of many other diabetics who had some kind of a virus before their DX. I was Dx with T-1 at age 55.

I don't know.
I think you need to be more specific which kind. For type 1 they say it could be some type of physical or severe emotional trauma that causes the immune system to go haywire. Some peope say that gluten, dairy, or soy allergies can cause slight bleeding in the intestines which causes nasty stuff to leak into your blood and potentially make its way to the pancreas. Not sure if I buy it, but I'm not an MD.

For type 2, it could be eating too much sugar (over time - like my grandpa who was diagnosed at 80 yo and his pancreas just gave out b/c he's old), or meds, or just plain old genetics. I think it depends on the person.

Regarding statins (simplified, so someone may correct me)....When the body consumes carbs, the liver stores some of the glucose for use later. A byproduct of that is raising LDL and triglycerides. Statins prevent your liver for storing that glucose which leaves extra glucose floating in your blood (high bg) and also lowering your LDL and triglycerides. Many people are started on statins and diagnosed with the big D within 6 months. The docs then prescribe diabetes meds to treat the high bg that was caused by the statin. Not sure if it is the same for other drugs or not.

i read that if you have a food poisoning there is a protective barrier between stomach and pancreas that can get thinner and become irritated and attack the pancreas and destroy the islet cells.

don't know if that is proven though.

That doesn't sound too likely to me, but many in some very special cases...

Baby Tee, I like your statin explain, very good and agree.

Everybody who has diabetes has been found to have consumed (by drink) a particularly common aqueous agent called "dihydrogen monoxide". I submit this as a trigger that all of us have in common.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

is called "hydroxyl acid", the substance is the major component of acid rain.
contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
may cause severe burns.
is fatal if inhaled.
contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:
as an industrial solvent and coolant.
in nuclear power plants.
in the production of Styrofoam.
as a fire retardant.
in many forms of cruel animal research.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.