What we learned at a CWD conference...who knew?

My family and I recently went on a vacation. I foolishly booked our travel for two full weeks knowing that I had a lot of family to see and wanting to get full value for all of the money we were giving Air Canada. By the end of our two weeks we had enjoyed time with family and friends. I had introduced my boys and my fiancé to the pleasures of west coast British Columbia. We had seen giant trees, they had tried fishing, one child had done his first bungee jump and everyone had tasted blackberries.

The end of the trip was something that I wasn't as sure about. We were going to the first Canadian Friends for Life Conference about diabetes. My oldest son loved FFL Florida. He had a lot of friends and still talks about going back. My youngest son is a hermit who isn't much for socializing and has little time for most people. My fiancé was considering staying on with us if his work schedule allowed. I was excited that he wanted to see what I do and to learn more about a disease that was moving into his house but I worried that he would be bored because I knew I would not be around all of the time.......

To read the rest go to...

http://diabetesadvocacycom.blogspot.com/2010/09/what-we-got-out-of-cwd-conferencewho.html