Anybody coming to Orlando for the Conference and Expo? (next week)

I plan on attending a couple of the dates (I am a local) for the Children with Diabetes conference and expo, next week. If there are other members planning on attending, we should connect so we can meet in person! :slight_smile:

I’ve been wanting to go to this for years, but it’s never been in the budget. If I ever do get there, though, I’ll let you know.

Oh, I wish I could go too. :frowning:
but with everything going on in the house it just wasn’t feasible. Hope to be able to attend another one soon. Please give us a report when you attend.

I went last year and had fun, and I hope I can go again next year if I garner enough vacation time. Of course, there are a lot of other trips I would like to take, so who knows?

I would LOVE to attend. With Abby just being diagnosed in January, it was a choice of a family vacation or the Expo and conference with our financial situation. Diabetes is a MAJOR part of our lives now and I’ve jumped into this whole heartedly~ but I just feel it just wouldn’t be fair (if that’s the right word) to my oldest child to cancel the family vacation and turn it into a diabetes vacation. He completely understands how serious it is, he is dealing with the lack of attention and everything else that has occured in our household over these past 5 months, but I’m not going to drag diabetes into our family vacation. I want it to be what it is a “family vacation”. He’s getting older (almost 16) so the lack of interest in a “family” vacation" is arising, so it won’t be long, maybe next year, that we’ll be attending the conference and expo.
I look forward to meeting all of you and your kids!

I will be there with my family Manny!

I’ll be there-can’t WAIT.

wish I could but I am stuck here in Ak.

Just sent those who replied “Yes” a message to try to coordinate something.

If anyone else is attending after this post, let me know.

I hope you’ll do a blog posting on the events, Manny!

Actually, I will have to defer that to one of the other members who will be in full attendance. I will have to be making a trip to Miami on Friday, which will take whole weekend. I wasn’t planning on it when I first posted this. :frowning:

If any of you do attend, it would be lovely to read a short report on what you learnt.

I wish there were some good diabetes conferences in the Northeast.