Where IS Shoshana? (She's back now!)

I suspect that she would be ok with receiving wishes however releasing someone’s personal information on a message board might have some HIPAA risk associated with it.

Googled “improper HIPAA verdicts” :scream:

It may be safer organizationally speaking to send the cards to DHFHQ and forward them on to her from there…

2 Likes

that’s exactly what I was thinking @acidrock23. I’m working on a plan and I will let everyone know what the plan is.

Sarah :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Thanks, Sarah!

1 Like

Count me it, too, @curlysarah.

2 Likes

Me three! Please?

2 Likes

I too have been wondering how we could have some news of Shoshana. I’d love to send her a card from France if we know where to send it…

2 Likes

Ok everyone we have a plan. Please send all correspondence for Shoshana to Diabetes Hands Foundation, 1962 University Ave #1, Berkeley, CA 94704, Attention: Shoshana.

@EmilyC will bundle all of the letters and send them to Shoshana at her rehabilitation facility. Please message me or tag me if you have any questions. I know she’s going to love this.

4 Likes

i don’t, know, if i can, but do you think, i can send her a card to, ?.

just through, i ask before i do anything,.

2 Likes

I personally think you should go ahead and send her a card. You “know” her by association with all of us other terrific people here on TuD, IMHO!

2 Likes

i will do that, but if anyone, have a cure, Please give it, this is the, Third day of a high, that won’t come down,.

My card is in the mail.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Rage-bolus, my friend, rage bolus. After you have checked to make sure you are not using denatured insulin, and that you do not have a Pod or site failure, of course. And keep an eagle eye on the Dex while rage-bolusing.

2 Likes

hi
i M RIGHT HERE AT HOME MY RIGHT LEG & HIP HURTS I CANNOT WALK EASILY
& MY MEMORY IS NOT AS BEFORE BUT I MISS YOU ALL I PANICKED & THOUGHT I HAD A STROKE BUT ALL TESTS SAID NO STROKE
SO NO MORE PUMP
I REALLY MISS MY PUMP SO MUCH
IT WAS FREEDOM
LOVE TO YOU ALL

12 Likes

Hi, and welcome back, shoshana. I’m glad you’re home; everything is better from one’s own home. I had to give up my pump because I ran out of real estate for infusions, but I’m doing fine on MDI. I actually have fewer lows now, so it turned out to be OK to lose the pump. Best luck in healing and losing that pain.

Seeing your smiling face in that little circle by your name has made my day! Many of us were worried about you, but now that you are back we can all breathe a huge sigh of relief!!!

WELCOME BACK SHOSHANA!!! :sunny:

Oh @shoshana27 this is the best news I’ve had all day long. I am so happy to see you here. You sure have been missed. We all love you so much.

So glad to see you post and that you’re OK. I remember your concern that you were having a stroke - so glad test were negative! Sorry you can’t use the pump now. Also sorry that after all this, you still have so much pain. May you have a quick refuah shleimah! I so miss chatting with you regularly. Be well!!

thanks, for telling me that,.

you don’t know me, but i tell you are, a good person, & welcome back,.

Shoshana, so glad to hear from you. I’m glad you are home too, nicer environment than hospitals.
Hugs,
Maureen