Which pump do you perfer?

ok I have to update this. The cgm sucks If given the choice now I would choose animas without a second thought.

I don’t think that you can go wrong with the Animas Ping. It allows you to use a remote so I think that is a great feature. It doesn’t link to a CGM yet, but it will be working with one of them very shortly.

Try and get a “hands on” in-home demo of both the Ping and the MM pumps. Do as much research as you can about them on line (at the manufacturers sites). Try out their virtual pumps (both companies offer them on line).

Still…nothing beats having the pump in your hand, doing “button pushing”, and getting answers from a rep sitting right across from you. As has been said before, each has their pluses and minuses, and it just depends on what is right for you.

In my case, I found the font on the MM very hard to read, and the sharp color screen on the Animas blew me away, and was one fo the main reasons I chose it. I also liked the reports the ezmanager software, supplied with the pump, created. I found it more informative than the MM software.

Finally, it’s neat to be able to program your boluses (AND ANALYSE YOUR BG READINGS) right from the Pin remote meter…no computer necessary.

…Joe

Just a little side not on the Animas CGMS Integration. It is not going to be linked with the Ping, but instead with the 2020.

The 2020 is basically being phased out as the new pumps are called the Animas Ping and One Touch, pretty much the same thing. My local Ping rep had given me a full demonstration and heads up about the integration. It should be awesome, and I think they are releasing something in January.

On the CWD website one of the moms spoke with a Rep, and the reps supervisor, and according to them Dexcom integration was sent to FDA using the 2020. Apparently, approval would happen faster with the 2020 so they went with it. No word on when they are going to integrate with the Ping, however, when the integration comes out, it will be with the old 2020. Are links to other forums alright? If so, I will post the link from the thread talking about it.

If you have the Ping and the integration does happen with the 2020, Animas has a trade-in program (per my rep).