Which Pump would you choose

I don’t think there really is a ‘best’ pump…it is all very much personal opinion.

I started with the Omnipod in November 08’, but had way too many alarms and other issues. So in February of 09’ I switched over to the MM Paradigm.

As I look at it, pumps all do the same thing…give insulin. Unless one has access to the internet, or has apps I can add…they all function pretty much the same.

I would recommend having the Rep from each company out to your house. This is going to be something ‘with you’ for a long time. You have to like the way it feels to hold (sounds funny, I know…but trust me, when you get ahold of each pump, you will see what I mean). You have to like how the screens work, the scrolling, even the button pushing.

Animas required way too much button pushing. MM seemed much more to the point. However, I LOVE the remote the Animas Ping comes with. While MM has a remote type thing, it doesn’t function nearly the same.

Really it comes down to what is important to you. For me, the more simple the better. MM was simple. It does its job, and it does it well.

I currently pump with the Minimed Paradigm 722. It’s fine, and works well for me, however, I’m looking to change to an Animas Ping. I like that it can get pretty darn wet, and even be worn (if you wish to) while you are in a pool. I like that the bolus and basal increments are much more precise. I like that the Ping meter acts as a remote for telling the pump what to do so I don’t have to take my pump out of it’s hiding place while I’m in public to bolus. I like that the screen is full-color. I like that while I have to get new infusion sets because the ‘locks’ on them are different, I can still use a version of the Quick-Set, which is what I’m used to. I like that the Ping comes in nicer colors than the Minimed line of pumps. Most of all I like that, in general, I’ve heard of people having better customer service experiences with Animas than with Minimed (luckily I’ve never needed customer service from Minimed, because I’ve heard you can be on hold an hour…)

I’ve not a pump.
I’m switching to pump in September.
Next Thursday I should choose the device with my endo (I think).
Here in Italy Omnipod is coming at the end of the year (or at the beginning of the next year).
I’d like an Animas. Here it has not the remote (but I think only in North America there’s the Ping. Only Animas 2020 in the rest of the world).
My endo told me that maybe it has a small reservoir for my needs, so we give a look to a Paradigm too. I think they’re equally good for me.