Who am I

Hi,

I am new to blogging so bare with me... :)

I am Susan, Robert's mom (a/k/a Rob's mom). Robert is 4 1/2 years old and was dx with Type 1 Diabetes on January 5, 2008. Robert was hospitalized for 6 days, which 3 of those days was in ICU. This was pure agony. He was in a diabetic ketoacidosis state.

I am a stay at home mom and very thankful for this opportunity. I am able to nurture and educate Robert on his diabetes. For the past 2 years we have been dealing, managing and coping.

I have two more boys, Jonathon who is 2 1/2 years old and Zachary who is 1.

We currently live in Oklahoma. The past 10 years my husband and I have lived in Oregon and California. Just this past year we came full circle and found our way home.

I am hoping this site will help us connect and make new friends. I am hoping that this site will help me breathe and express myself without judgement. This site makes me excited for myself and for Robert.

Each day is a new day...

Susan (Rob's mom)

I am so very glad you are here! You will find alot of very supportive and kind people on this site that will help you and Robert. Welcome, Welcome.

Welcome to TuDiabetes and to blogging! I think you did a great job! This site is amazing, and you will find many many people to make friends with, get advice, or just rant as some of us often do!

Wow, 3 boys, you must be TIRED!!! Well, welcome to the site, and just let us know if you have any questions or just want to rant! Welcome again!!!

This feels soo good! Thank you! You are making me cry… (a good cry). :slight_smile:

Hi Susan & hi to precious Rob! Welcome.

There’s a group here for parents that you might want to join. http://www.tudiabetes.org/group/parentsofkidswithtype1

Welcome Susan. I’m Lorraine. I have 3 children also. My middle child, Caleb, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in Jan 07 at the age of 3. He is 7 now. Glad to meet you!