Working on a program to calculate TAG - I NEED INPUT

Hi Capin,

Yes, I have been using it every day so that I can test it out. It’s taken some time to work out the bugs but I think it’s finally done. It usually gives me the same numbers that my PDM gives except the calculator is a little bit more precise so I tend to go with it’s numbers rather than the PDM’s.

Thanks!

Do you find that any of your ratios change (like an Insulin:Carb ratio) as the day progresses? For example, my I:C ratio for breakfast is 1:10, lunch 1:13, dinner 1:14.

Also does a really high fat meal slow down the absorption of the carbs (like the pizza effect) and make your TAG bolus peak too early?

I haven’t noticed any kind of changes like that for me during the day. My I:C ratio is 1:10 all day long.

I have noticed that a high fat meal usually has a higher percentage of “extended” bolus so I haven’t noticed early peaks either. I’ll have to pay a little more attention to that.

I usually don’t eat a lot of high fat foods but I did eat a whole pizza last week and didn’t notice any problems. The TAG calculator calculated my bolus perfectly.

Cleaned mine up a bit so it’s a lot easier to look at.

My personal T.A.G. Calculator

This one hurts my eyes but it does the job. You can change the values in mine if you like the way it looks better.

D-Calc:
Insulin, Carb & T.A.G. Calculator

Thanks, Jared, I’ll definitely play with it over the next couple of days. I’m assuming it’s win OS only, at least for now?

Great! Thank you jrtpup. Let me know what you think or if I can improve it in any way.

It is independent of any OS since it runs on the web. I’m using it on my iPhone. It should work on any device or computer that has internet access. PC or Mac or iPhone or Android or Windows Phone or… Well, you get the idea. :slight_smile:

NAME CHANGE!!!

I'm changing the name of this thing. Instead of "D-Calc" I'm calling it "D-Cal". It just sounds a little more catchy. As a result the old links will not work anymore because the name of the file has changed. These are the new links to both the regular PC version and my personal iPhone design.

My iPhone D-Cal

Regular PC D-Cal

And 1 spelling error fix. Thank you Gil DePaula.
I am also looking into using a "cookie" so that you will only have to change the calculators to your own personal settings one time. After that they should always show your own numbers.
Again, Thank you everyone for your input and please let me know if you have any issues while using this.

I’ve been using and testing it now for a few days. I did find and fix a couple of minor bugs in the calculations and the way the numbers are displayed but it was nothing serious. I have created an icon for anyone who wants to add the D-Cal page to the Home Screen of their iPhone. It’s not the greatest but I wanted to make one. I am still working on adding cookies to the program so that your ratios will only have to be entered once. I hope to have that finished by the end of the week depending on how busy I am. Let me know if you have any ideas or concerns.

Here is the iPhone icon. If anyone would like to create something better or has a better idea I’d love to hear it.

Program is complete! D-Cal and what is now iD-Cal will remember your ratios so that you will only have to enter them the first time.

D-Cal

iD-Cal
for iPhone

Please enjoy my labor and spread the word. These are GREAT little programs that are completely free to use and will help a lot of people make their lives with D a little bit easier.

Looking good Jared ,thanks for all the hard work! I will still have to enter my ratios though as I have 3 different ones depending on time of day. No biggie though.

Thanks. I have found an issue with the “Correction Range/Sensitivity” value. Seems to be calculating opposite of the way it should sometimes. Everything still works perfectly if left at zero though. Unfortunately I won’t have much time to fix that bug until Monday. I’m glad you like it. Thank you.

BUG has been fixed. There actually was not a bug in the calculations at all. I did make a slight change to the code on Friday night but it shouldn't have affected anything. The program is back to calculating everything perfectly now. I was reading the numbers wrong and thought that something was not calculating correctly but after I figured it out on paper everything is correct. I'm sorry if I scared anyone. I can be a little too analytical sometimes. Anyways. Program is still running perfectly and I still trust the calculations and you should too. I've added links at the bottom with my email address if anyone has a problem or a question. Please don't hesitate to use that link if you feel that there is anything that I need to know.

Any plans to extend this to Android phones???

The program does work with Android phones. It should work on any phone or computer that has some kind of web browser. I'm not sure what it will look like on an Android but it shouldn't be much different than the iPhone. I did try it on one of my old LG phones and it worked perfectly on that. Try it out and let me know if there's anything that I can do to improve it.

I need to change the description since iD-Cal is NOT exclusively for iPhone...

D-Cal

iD-Cal
Mobile Insulin, Carb & T.A.G. Calculator

Either one should work on any device. iD-Cal is a more compact version that fits better on a smaller screen.

UPDATE!!!

iD-Cal now handle's changing ratios. YAY!

if your ratios change throughout the day iD-Cal will remember so you won't have to change it from what it was last time.

D-Cal has NOT been updated so if you are using both on the same computer you might see some issues until the D-Cal update has been deployed.

Enjoy and as always your feedback is greatly appreciated.

D-Cal update has been deployed. Please let me know if you have any issues.

iD-Cal is now an official website.

iD-Cal.com