Working out while sick

I’m just wondering what others think on this topic. I’ve been sick for about 6 days now and haven’t worked out the last 3. For me the headaches and being drained of energy has kept me from hitting the gym, but I’m wondering what you guys do. I started with a sore throat wed night and now have a complete head bug congestion, headaches, sore throat, coughing, sneezing, ear aches. Do you guys just run through this stuff. I’ve been working on getting back to running and have done really well up to this last weekend. Should I just put workouts on hold till I feel better?

i had an teacher tell me she liked working out when she was sick because it helped get it out of her system. Then again she wasn’t diabetic. I know they say to not to exercise with high blood sugars and all but if you really feel up to it maybe try going for a walk instead of a run. Don’t push yourself if your not up to it. Good luck!

It’s good to give your body time to spend energy on resting and relaxing, but exercising can pump your body so it can repair itself better. I think it’s best to exercise at a low level; don’t stress your body too much, but don’t stop moving altogether. Maybe a brisk walk.

My doc says if ill–walking only and only if BG under pretty good control