Yeast infection

I was wondering how to combat a bad yeast infection as a diabetic. I've been diabetic since 2001 and this is the first time I have dealt with this problem. I thought until recently that only women got yeast infections. I went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me some pills and a cream, but it still is itching quite a bit.
I run alot and sweat a lot when I run and I don't know if that contributed to the problem or not.

Hi Jeff....i was also suffering from yeast infection...can you please give me a product which can add probiotic to my diet..(sugar free)and what are the foods that are not allowed if u have a yeast infection.Thanks Jeff...

Hello Jeff,
I just got through with a nasty yeast infection my self. Women can give men a yeast infection through intimate contact much like and STD.

Yeast infections are common with diabetics (Type 2) when the BG is not controlled and stays high for a long period. Which what happened in my case. The high BG encourages the growth so it can be horrible by the time it shows symptoms. You can try the OTC stuff at the drug store but in every case with me that never works. I have to go the doctor. I am assuming the doctor gave you Diflucan or the generic of this. If you are still "itching" and have burning....DEMAND that the doctor give you lidocaine or something similiar. Lidocaine will "numb" the area. there are other topicals too that a doctor will give in lieu of lidocaine. Some doctors don't like giving this out but demand it if you are in extreme discomfort like I was. This is TMI....but I was completely swollen and could not walk with my leg close together.

Make sure you take your meds because that will get rid of the yeast. Investigate on what foods you should be eating. Yogurt is good and will help bring back the natural flora to the area. Acidolphilus is a good supplement too.

Itching and burning are apart of a yeast infection. Keep the area well lubricated with the cream the doctor gave you. If it persists for more than a couple of days then contact the doctor again and demand something else. If you say the word yeast infection to women you will get a very ugly look and now you know why! :)

Try to keep your BG levels in control.

Glad you are feeling better. Normally the DRs give one pill. But I normally do a week long regime to make sure everything is cleared. the Acidolphilus is in the vitamin section of the pharmacy. No prescription. Check your BS levels and try to maintain decent control.

Be sure to check with your doctor about this situation.
My doctor said that I need to make an appointment with my OBGYN when it acts up and go to see her just for that purpose. It might be something else though, so please be sure to inquire about this situation in order to find the correct diagnoses.