Wednesday 27 January
Session 1 - I cycled 1.08hours (20km) over a very hilly course. Also included was 3 x 4min hill intervals with 3min RI. I consumed 1 x bottle of powerade.
- pre-cycle BG level 12.3mmol-L
- basal rate reduction for 2hours of 75%
- pre-cycle BG level 3.6mmol-L
Session 2 - Ok so I have been saying for ages that I can swim faster in open water without a wetsuit…last night was the moment of truth. I raced in the Splash and Dash http://www.splashanddash.co.nz/Site/Welcome.html in series #4. My total time was 37.20mins and I came 3rd in W30-39.
- Wed 16 Dec - 16.36mins (with a wetsuit)
- Wed 13 Jan - 16.34mins (with a wetsuit)
- Wed 27 Jan - 15.29mins (WITHOUT a wetsuit)
So there you have it I’m 1.55mins faster without a wetsuit…so from now on no wetsuit.
- pre-SPLASH and DASH BG level 5.6mmol-L