16 year old Type 1 football athlete

My growing nephew, age 16, 6’2", on the high school football team, is having great problems managing his blood sugar. He is asking for help; I am no expert. He needs ongoing talk with ‘someone who knows’. I am trying to help him find that!

Hi Teri
My son is not on here, but played little league and high school and college football. He is a type 1. At the age of 40 he was hired to play professional football. He was in excellent shape and also had no trouble with his diabetes when he played. If you would like to list some of the problems your nephew is experiencing I could relay them to my son and see if he will respond back to him. As the Mom I know a lot of the things he did, but he would be the best person to answer the questions.

Thank you so much. I think having my nephew get online and respond to you would help a great deal. He knows exactly what he is experiencing and would be very responsive to your asking your son. I will be in touch with him sometime today; his name is Zeke.

I will be happy to do whatever I can to help

Definitely have your nephew join this community! We have a lot of teenagers and a lot of athletes too!!! I’m sure people here could help him!