1st job in over a decade!

I am going back into the workforce this next week. I haven’t had a job in a REALLY long time. Not because I couldn’t find one but because it wasn’t necessary. I had children and I stayed home with them up until now. So, I passed my background check w/fingerprints and my application and references went through just fine. I will be substitute teaching in the school system. I had orientation today and now I am just waiting for my information to be processed through the mainframe so I can access the availability calendars.
How do I handle my diabetes and working? Do I need to pack anything special? Supplies? This is going to be an emotional undertaking…seems that has been a trend lately.

I just got my first job in 5 years and I am lucky to have an understanding boss and he lets me keep supplies in a locked locker at work as well as extra insulin in the fridge there.

Wow! Congrats on the job. I really hope you’ll like it. I’d definitely have snacks and low blood sugar treats, as well as supplies. I was a sub for 2 years. It keeps you on your toes and every day is different and if you have a bad day somewhere, you never need to go back to that assignment.

I sometimes use my diabetes (as a teacher) to teach the kids about awareness. I used to hide it, but now I don’t anymore.