22 Years

Thoughts on how the stages of grief may fit into my experience of growing up with Type 1 diabetes, and my journey towards acceptance, on my 22nd diabetes anniversary.

22 Years

Hi Jen. Thanks for this remarkable post. My own diaversary is 11/22/93, given when I was 63 years old. I already had other autoimmune diseases, the same ones for the most part that my father had, so getting Type 1 diabetes was like yet another shoe dropping. I've been in acceptance from the first for that reason, but I do almost daily have emotions such as anger at the disease, disgust when I forget an injection. I try to avoid depression--I go pet my dogs when it threatens. Again, thanks for this remarkable post.

Great blogpost Jen, although I have only had type 1, or known about it for 1.5 years, I feel a lot of the same things I think.. I can't find a positive for me, I think it is too soon maybe, but I'm stuck with it so may as well make the best of it and try to stay positive in mood at least as much as possible.. there will always be difficult days.