26 weeks pregnant!

Hi all I’m 26 weeks pregnant with my first baby, It’s A Girl… My high risk OB told me that I have high levels of Amnotic Fluid (scary) has anybody heard of this?

Hi Sharray! Congratulations on your pregnancy! How wonderful!
I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about the high levels of amniotic fluids.

This is what I found on the internet:
Most cases are mild and result from a slow buildup of excess fluid in the second half of pregnancy. But in a few cases, fluid builds up quickly as early as the 16th week of pregnancy. This usually leads to very early birth.

In many cases, polyhydramnios goes away without treatment. Other times, the problem may be corrected when the cause is addressed. For example, treating high blood sugar levels in women with diabetes often lowers the amount of amniotic fluid. Other treatments include removing some amniotic fluid or using medication to reduce fluid levels.

Thanks Marps !

Hey, congratulations on the little girl. I am 23 weeks and also expecting a little princess come June. Sorry I do not know much about the amniotic fluid since this is my first pregnancy as well.

hi i am saling on the same boat and i am scared like hell…i am 27 weeks pregnant an dmy AFI is 24 …so realy need sum support…i dnt know my diabetes is controlled HbA1c is 5.4 so i am more worried wat is foetus is having any anomaly…