6 friggin oh

after more than a year at 6.5 and 6.6 a1c's my previous a1c testing skipped up a little to 6.8 not the end of the world but trending higher. the sitdown with my endo after the previous test was a friendly smack in the face that if i don't take care of my sugars I would graduate up to insulin, which is definitely not the ned of the world but something i would like to put off for as long as I can. so I began testing and tracking what i ate and drank and focused on my typically worst readings the FBS and mid morning sugars. apparently I drank too much coffee in the morning - by reducing my intake to just 1 travel mug per day mid morning sugars improved greatly. my fastings were helped by bedtime red wines and really improved when I started to exercise more and burn off those extra winter pounds. I also tweaked my mid day snacks and started eating lower carbs stuff like nuts and beef jerky and sadly reduced the amount of bread i ate as well - i love bread but sadly it does not love me back. i knew my A1C was going to be a lot better this round but was overjoyed when my endo passed on my results for this quarter - 6.0, 5lbs lighter and excellent cholesterol numbers. so a quick pat on the back and we're back to grind again to try and make these results last.

Big pat on the back! congratulations! I love bread too…soft fresh warm sweet french bread…ugh, it doesnt like me either. :slight_smile:

That’s awesome! Congrats!

(When I saw the title of this post, I thought you were talking about a low blood sugar of 60. I was pleasantly surprised to see I was wrong.)

congrats!!!