A better 2 days away I've had

WHY DON'T YOU KEEP GLUCOSE ON YOUR NIGHT TABLE & IN YOUR POCKET AT ALL TIMES??? LIKE I DO...OR LITTLE BOXES OF JUICE???

LOL SO MUCH READING ALL YOUR ADVENTURES...LOL...

OH shoshana, we have so many tales to tell. There is actually a thread on here some where that asked for humorus stories that we could compile into some kind of book musch like they did with the poetry. I think most of us either a) forget about it or b) don't want our escapades published.

Don't remember if I told the one about wrecking my truck near the Philadeplphia airport. Now while having a low and wrecking a truck isn't necessarily funny, the fact that they had the state police, FBI, Philly police, airport police and the bomb squad at the scene to me is just histerical. They thought I was Achmed the terriost...lol.

Shoshana, its such an interesting read to here about other people's low blood sugar events. Its not funny when its happening, but after its all over, it helps to try and find some humor in the event. I had to leave work once in a hurry because my husband brokenpole had a low blood sugar event. My daughter and her hubby at the time could not get him to eat anything or drink any orange juice so I came home to give him a gluc shot. He was swinging at the air and wobbling and they were afraid he would fall and it his head. We found if you argue with him it brings it on...there was stuff to laugh at later, but at the time its scarey. Some people say a person having a low acts drunk. Sometimes my husband was happy and laughing like that and is so sweet. Other folks could think its funny, we laughed about stuff later when he he was alright. I suggest finding the thread with humorus low sugar events also

Sharon

once when i was little/don't know how old/my mother tried to put sugar water into my mouth but of course it went all over my neck & face & when i came to i was all sticky.today i cannot stand anything sticky or gluey.that was not funny to me.but if people can laugh about it...go a head...i'll laugh with you.

That's the spirit, shoshana! Readers Digest said it best...Laughter, the Best Medicine.

BROKENPOLE you make me lol

shonshana it's really funny when we look back at what we've done during a low. Some of mine are sooo bad. I get like Sparky and won't eat or drink anything LOL!

That don't work well in a hotel but if I did I probably wouldn't take it. It's called stubborness and I get REAL stubborn during a low! LOL!

Doris, you go girl! :) I'm so impressed you managed to give that glucagon shot yourself. I've only had one glucagon shot so far. I was dropping fast and was testing in the 20's with blurry vision and holding the vial in one hand and the syringe in the other but I couldn't get the syringe to go into the vial! It was like trying to thread a needle drunk! Finally my husband grabbed it and I could still talk to tell him what to do.

Our poor spouses! We really put them through some stuff don't we?

Ouch. That's another reason why I am hesitant of using the pump...really don't want to give a machine such responsibility. Glad you are ok though.

I sooo feel for my hubby smileandnod but got to give it tio him even through those monsterous lows he's been here and done all he could to help me out. Gotta say bless him!!
Stoyan it's really hard to give things over to a pump but in the long run it has helped my A1C Thanks!

THE PUMP HELPS ME BUT I ALSO USE MY BRAIN & DON'T ALWAYS DO WHAT THE PUMP SAYS. IT WORKS FOR ME..BECAUSE OF IRREGULAR DIGESTION & ABSORPTION...ETC...GASTROPARESIS...YOU NAME IT...

Yes sooo true!! I didn't think about that. I've had gasteroparis for years myself and a lot of other things and it does help to use ur brain when that happens