ALL about me (diabolically...ooops, I mean diabetically speaking!) LOL!

Well,I am addicted to the ice cream…and Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream at that…I was diagnosed with diabetes on July 5th,2006…,(Type two) and I WAS on a special diet…I was only allowed to eat 1200 calories per day…but, MAN!!! I was absolutely starving!!! I had to eat the way that the stupid schedule was given to me…(you test and then you wait it out…to see if you can have MORE food…even dessert!!!) (That was SOOOOOO difficult and SOOOOO NOT for me!!!) I promptly went off that Da** schedule and diet!!
I have since gained weight…and then, went up and down, up and down…but, I am heavier than I am supposed to be!!
I cannot do the one thing that I really want to do…which is swim the crawl stroke…partially because I think it’s my weight…plus, I have mild lupus and mild fibromyalgia…but, I fear that it’s the WEIGHT s REALLY the ISSUE at hand!!! Yeah…it’s MY own fault…I get that!! Totally!!!

I do not test as much as I should…however I DO make sure to test…I test before every meal…and I test if I want to have something else to eat…but, not always!!(that’s what I mean by testing as often as I should)!

I have had more than a half a cup of ice cream…instead I have a cup or a cup and a half(at times) of ice cream…or sometimes I have a smaller portion…depending on IF I want that much ice cream…but, I do test before I have it. What I do NOT do…is wait to have the ice cream…probably I am supposed to do it that way instead…right?

I do not weigh my foods anymore…I don’t count the carbs every single time…but, I DO read food labels and carbs, sugars etc…I don’t always eat what I want…even IF I want it bad enough…I will forfeit the food…or realize that it could make me pretty sick.

I eat what I like…but, not all of the time…I try to eat salads…and lighter foods…I love vegies and salad dressing or with guacamole or other dips. I love Chicken, Hamburger(although…I recently found out that eating at Wendy’s and having their “baconator” was probably a BAD idea…I can’t eat a whole one…that raises my blood sugars way the heck up…I fell asleep for hours…which is what happens to me…I have noticed…so…I cut the hamburger up…I TRY NOT to eat more than two small 1/4 pieces of that particular hamburger sandwich…only because for me…I conk out!!!
(somethings really raise up my sugars fasssst!!!)
I eat Chinese foods, but, when I do, I try to have smaller portions…as in perhaps a couple of this and that…and NOT the entire plate(as I used to…I have seen my blood sugars since and Whoa!! My sugars were way too high!!! Soaring!!!

I do not eat the rice…only once in a while…they raise my sugars a LOT!!!

I have been eating more red meats…due to my hubster…but, I was much more of a “steamer” as in I would steam white rice or brown rice and veggies in my steamer…and or chicken dishes. I also used to microwave more as well. I had some tupperware dishes and a tupperware cookbook…and would make recipes from the books…they used to be fantastic recipes! (This was when I had NO diabetes…the tupperware and the steamer cooking) But the eating of red meat…has been since 2003 on…more so, since 2005. I was much more of a Chicken/Fish person…I ate hamburgers…but, very rarely steaks…and so on…My hubby is a steak guy…so, he encourages me to eat what he is going to cook or if we go out…we usually get a steak and potatoes…etc…

I have really gotten more into the habit of…doggie bags…instead of filling my stomach full!!

But, with regards to answering some of the forum questions…my A1 the last time…I think was okay…I think was like a seven…which the doctor didn’t seem to worry a ton about…even when I asked her…I thought that she was going to give me a lecture on it…but, she didn’t. I guess some doc’s are more anxious about certain numbers than, others are. My numbers lately(since the test) have fluxuated up and down…some were pretty high…(as in nearly 300 or higher) and some…about 180 or 199 which is good…even though I KNOW that they DO need to be a LOT lower!!

I am trying to eat my “foods” as if I am at a “Tappas” restaurant…" a little here, and a little there" always testing, no matter where I am…and BEFORE I eat…(I don’t always test after I eat…as some people do…I usually try to walk around and or do some type of movement…and, then, I test…it just depends on what I am doing, and what I ate…and how I feel…and what I might want to eat…later …

But, for now…that’s what I just wanted to write about…just to inform you…what has been happening lately to me!!

luvscoco99