All about that PRESSURE you may be under!

Suppose I have a glass with water in my hand which is easily held for a few minutes.
Now hold that glass for an hour and while it has the same weight as before it becomes heavy by the end of the hour.
Now hold it all day and you won’t be able to hold that arm with the glass up anymore. But if we put it down for a while we can keep it up again.
And that is the way with stress-management.

If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won’t be able to carry on. Just as with the glass of water you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again.
When we are refreshed, we can carry on again with the burden. So, before you return home at nights, put your burden of work down. Don’t carry it home with you. You can pick it up tomorrow.
Whatever burdens you are carrying now, let them down for a moment if you can. Relax and pick them up when you are relaxed and rested again. Life is very short. Enjoy it!

Here are some ways of dealing with the burdens of life!
Accept that some days you are the pidgeon, and some days you are the statue.
Drive carefully, it’s not only cars that are being recalled by it’s maker!
If you can’t be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
Never buy a car you cannot push!
Since it’s the early worm that gets eaten by the birds, sleep late!
When everything is coming your way, you’re in th wrong lane!

Birthdays are good for you, the more you have the longer you live.
Some mistakes are too much fun to make them only once!
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

JOHNBEN.

LOL! Many true points JB. Also the work stress(leaving it at work) and the glass of water is a Good comparison. As far as the pipe, I can’t…I don’t smoke. :slight_smile:

Johnben - excellent post - and great thoughts.

It’s a cross we carry every day.