How do I break this bottle?

I was working for a law office for over 6 years and was one of their best legal assistants. I called in maybe once or twice within the 6 years of being there. I averaged in top 5 out of 30 assistants every month. 3 months after I was dx with t1d I was "let go" form the company for production reasons. I was also dx with neuropathy and the pain was at an all time high. I was calling in a lot do to doctor visits and long, sad, painful, sleepless night. I was my priority at the time not my job or my means of income. I feel like I have this anger towards this situation bottled up an can't seem to break it. I know t1d can be a bit of a life style change but I can't seem to get back to that person I was or even the person I want to still be. My goals and my plans all seem to have disappeared and im at a loss on how to find them again. The so called American dream seems much farther away then ever before. Wife, house, kids, how do I plan for these things now. I used to be so structured in my life now its living shot to shot, meal to meal, dx to dx, rx to rx. It's so overwhelming to think of the future. My best move now is to be happy in the moment which I can manage, but I also want to be happy in the future as well. How do I break this bottle?

So sorry to hear about your challenges...indeed life can be so unpredictable sometimes. No matter how we plan and structure things to our comfort and liking. I always believe things happens for a reason: perhaps to make us learn, realize the value of things, maybe make us stronger in the future. I look at the positive things in store...I may have diabetes, but I am complete. I can see, walk, do most things that others cannot. Yup, it rains and often it pours. Im sure there will be sunny days for you. Take care of yourself. Stay healthy. Be positive. Good things will happen. I wish you the best :)

Give yourself some time. You were diagnosed not so long ago and it's a big shock! You'll be fine and even better for it. Take care of yourself. And do not be too hard on yourself! You need some time. Best wishes,

oh, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Why did you not just ask for FMLA, intermittent...you certainly qualify, that way your job would have been protected, by law? sometimes one door closes...and another will open, we can't see it, it may be out our grasp - site right now..but hold on...your rainbow may not be too far away.

I am so sorry to hear of these difficulties. I could say things w2ill be ok, and they might. Or I could suggest you see your family doctor and they will give you some antidepressants. This might be a good option.

But what I will suggest is the thing I suggest to all new or recent diabetics. I knwo this song remains the same and it gets old. But I believe if it were me, I would see a therapist and I would do it soon. I always say this because of my experience.

I walked around for years depressed and upset. Sometimes I could barely function. I found myself walking in a fog, listing from one thing to another. I was not in a good place.

My issues grew so bad, I had to seek help. I got that and over time things got better. Yes I still see a therapist and I do take antidepressants. But, and this is important, I am better. i solve anger issues and found hope at the bottom of a deep barrel.

I give this advice to all newly diagnosed diabetics, because when i was DX'd, I rebelled against it. I fought and frankly at 17 didn't much care if I lived or died. Had I seen a therapist then, I think things woudl have been better, I woudl have been more accepting and I believe my life woudl have been guided by logic instead of anger at being a diabetic.

I wish you the very best, if I can help out please let me know.

Dear Bufbuffalo,
You're in a great position to find out who you really are when no one is looking. May I begin by saying I feel your situation. I feel your anger. And I feel your anxiety. My hope is that this reply will somehow encourage you and point you in the right direction.
I had worked for a pretty good company for four-point-five-years. I picked up a sales, service rep route that was at the bottom of the pole. It stunk! All my peers laughed at me because I had been handed down a lemon for a route. They all said, "See you at the unemployment line.
Long story short: In 1.5 years, God helped me turn that route from last place to first place for a few short months for three years; but top 5 routes for 3 years. I was selling! Selling! Selling! By the grace of God, somehow I had gained favor from all my clients who learned to trust me and start buying from me.
At the peak of my success, my company let me go. In all that success, I had lost both my parents, my house, my job, my awesome income, my benefits, bonuses, and my desire to continue taking care of my diabetes condition. I had lost all kinds of momentum in my life.
By the grace of God this is how I made a "U-turn" in my life: I decided that Diabetes is like a competitive sport. This foe affects all areas in my life. And I decided I was going to win. I had to let go of the situation and my anger towards this dilemma in my life because being pissed-off and pissed-on by anyone, at anyone or myself wasn't helping me at all. I started making small steps of progress for me. I decided to "network" with other people to help me find work instead of doing all the leg work. I decided to learn how to brush up on my resume to make me look good on a hard copy (No I didn't lie about me). Even though I wanted to continue in sales, I opted to get a job as quickly as possible to help generate an income, while continuing my search for a better opportunity. In the meantime, I took care of me: taking my meds, visiting with my doctor, being proactive in my visits, such as taking a list with me of 5 questions to ask my doctor to help me improve on my care for diabetes. I exercised. I watched my diet. I didn't wait on others to help me get into trying to get into shape. Although it proved to be a difficult journey, I can honestly tell you it has been an "Odyssey" of 1.5 years. I'm slowly coming out of the tunnel of despair. The light at the end of the tunnel seems not to be another train headed towards me. I appreciate and agree with Mari_in_France shared with you, "Give yourself some time." Success and joy come in small steps; one foot in front of the other. Celebrate your quick and/or short successful moments, but keep your eye on the prize of trying to get to a better place. I will celebrate your courage to move on, your strength to support you when you feel like giving up, and your participation to get going on a plan with your diabetes community to help make your goals attainable. Best wishes:)

Adding another doctor to my list will make me feel unpleasant for sure. ty for all the advice

I didn't qualify for FMLA company was too small.